Register today for a one-day intensive workshop on the business of financing and producing your film.
August 16, 2014 | 10AM to 4PM
On August 16th, Nick Quested, noted director, producer of Oscar-nominated films such as Restrepo and Executive Director of Goldcrest, a leader in the film and entertainment industry, will lead a day-long workshop at Goldcrest Studios on the business of financing and producing your film.
Nick, who has produced many award-winning movies (The Art of Getting By, Restrepo and Vanishing on 7th Street) and directed over 100 videos (Nas, Dr. Dre, Trick Daddy, Sting, Puffy, DMX) and commercials, will spend the day going over:
• Getting your foot in the door: Nick will share his tips and tricks on breaking into the movie industry.
• Funding your film: Nick will discuss insider’s methods to procuring funding for your film. Creating and managing budgets will be covered as well.
• Pre-production and production: Nick will cover the most effective ways to plan production, find locations, obtain permits, choose equipment and move into production with your film project.
• Contracts and legal: Learn how to avoid pitfalls and make sure your rights and distribution channels are protected and spec’d to your full advantage. Intellectual property and tax issues will also be covered.
• Distribution: Nick explains in detail how to get your film out there. This will include self-distribution and building a campaign around yourself and your movie.
Goldcrest is a fully integrated and renowned international media company providing film financing, production, post production and worldwide sales. As owner of Goldcrest and Executive Director of Goldcrest Films, Nick is one the best people to walk you through the business of filmmaking.
Space is limited to 20 students and advance registration is required.
There are two free scholarship places for Bronx residents. Send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Cost: The workshop costs $300 for professionals and $250 for students who are currently enrolled in classes for the fall. There are two scholarship places available for Bronx residents; if you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter detailing how this workshop would benefit you to email@example.com.
Location: Goldcrest Studios, 799 Washington St., New York, NY 10014.
About the Instructor: You can learn more about Nick Quested and Goldcrest here.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds if canceling within 7 days of the workshop. Cancellations before the 7 day period will receive a refund of the registration price not including Brown Paper Ticket’s additional service fee.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!